- Post Graduate
- Panjab University Common Entrance Test
Panjab University Common Entrance Test
Panjab University Common Entrance Test commonly known as PU CET is an undergraduate level entrance examination conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh for admission to its various courses like BHMS, B.Pharma (CBSS) and B.Sc. (Hons) at UG Level.
PU CET 2018 Important Dates
- Availability of Application form: 3rd week of March 2018
- Last Date for submission of application form: 3rd week of May 2018
- Issue of Admit card: 3rd week of May, 2018
- PU CET 2018 (U.G.) Entrance Exam Date: 4th June, 2018
- Announcement of PU CET 2018 (U.G.) Entrance Exam Result: 2nd week of June, 2018
PU CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have successfully completed their 10 2 or other equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category) from a recognised university/ board.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years as on 31st December at the time of admission
- If the Candidate wish to take the help of a scribe, he/she must reach the assistant registrar office before 10 days to PU CET exam date of 2018.
- The minimum age of the scribe should 16 years and must have successfully completed their 10 2 examination.
PU CET 2018 Application Process
- The candidates are required to fill up CET online application form by logging onto the University’s official website.
- Get a print out of the filled up application and attach all the required documents such as Pass Certificate, fee receipt and Adhar Card and send it to Panjab University via speed post or manually submit it at the head office.
Note: Please be careful while filling up the application form because, if there is any mismatch of information or tempered document or the form is incomplete will lead to the rejection of the application form.
PU CET 2018 Exam Fee
- General Category candidates: Rs. 1760
- SC/ST/Blind Category candidates: Rs. 880
The application fees can either be paid online through debit/credit card or through SBI Bank challan.
PU CET 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of PU CET 2018 exam: Paper-Pen based (Offline Mode)
- Medium of exam – English language
- Number of Sections – 4 sections
- Duration of each section – 70 min. per section
- No. of questions in each section – 60 questions
- Negative marking – 0.25 marks
- Marks allotted to each question – 2 marks each
- Total marks for each section – 120 marks
PU CET 2018 Exam Syllabus
The Syllabus for PU CET 2018 for different subjects are as follows:Mathematics:
Sets and Functions, Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Calculus, Mathematical Reasoning, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, ProbabilityPhysics:
PU CET syllabus for 2017 Physics consists of Physical world and measurements, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of system of participles and rigid body, gravitation, properties of bulk matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory, Oscillation and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Electronic Device, Communication systems.Chemistry:
Some Basic concepts of chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and periodicity of properties, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, States of matter, gases and liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements, Group 14 Elements, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and processes of isolation of elements, p- Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Co-ordination compounds, Haloalkenes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds containing nitrogen, Bio-molecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life. This is the syllabus of Chemistry for PU CET 2017 as available on official website.Biology:
Diversity in Living World, Structural Organization in animals and plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its application, Ecology and its environmentBiotechnology:
PU CET 2017 syllabus for biotechnology includes – Introduction to Biotechnology, Bio-molecules, Cell and Development, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Protein and Gene Manipulation, Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation.
Computer Fundamentals, Introduction to C , Programming Methodology, Programming in C , Data Structures, Database Management System and SQL, Boolean Algebra, Networking and Open Source Software.
Address: Sector 14, Chandigarh, 160014
Customer service: 1800 180 2065