- Pau Entrance Exam
PET: Punjab Agricultural University Entrance Test
The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Chandigarh conducts entrance test at various levels for admission into Diploma, Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) degree programmes. Following entrance test are held at various levels:
- PET-BASIC SCI
- PET-HOME SCI
The Admission Test is popularly called as PET which means Punjab Agricultural University Entrance Test (PET) or PAU Admission Test / PAU Entrance Examination.
Course Offered through PAU Entrance Exam
The Punjab Agriculture University conducts tests such as AAT, CET, MET for admission to its various courses.AAT (Agriculture Aptitude Test)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture:6 year programme at Bathinda and Gurdaspur
- CET (Common Entrance Test)
B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Tech. (Biotechnology), B.Tech. (Food Technology), B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science, B.Sc. (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics, 5-year Integrated M.Sc. in Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology programmes
- MET (Master’s Entrance Test)
Agricultural Meteorology, Agronomy, Entomology, Extension Education, Food Technology, Forestry, Horticulture (Floriculture & Landscaping), Horticulture (Fruit Science), Horticulture (Vegetable Science), Plant Breeding & Genetics, Plant Pathology, Soil Science and Biotechnology.
PAU Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should be the resident of Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh.
- For UG PROGRAMS, the candidates should have successfully scored a minimum of 50% marks in their class 12 or other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology/Agri-culture as their compulsory subjects.
- For PG PROGRAMS, the candidates should have successfully scored a minimum of 60% or equivalent marks in their graduation level examination in the respective discipline from a recognised university/institution.
- For PhD PROGRAMS, the candidates should have successfully scored a minimum of 55% marks or an OCPA of 5.50 in their master’s level examination in the respective discipline from a recognised university/institution.
PAU Exam PatternAAT (Agriculture Aptitude Test)
Total Duration : 90 Minutes
No. of Sections: 2
Section 1: Agriculture Aptitude
No. of Question: 60
Total Marks: 60
Section 2: General Science
No. of Questions: 40
Total Marks: 40
N.B.: 1/4 marks will be deducted for every wrong response.CET (Common Entrance Test)
Total Duration : 3 Hours
No. of Sections: 3 (2 compulsory and 1 optional)
The compulsory section comprises of Physics and Chemistry
No. of questions: 66
The optional section comprises of Home Science/Agriculture/Biology/Mathematics
No. of Questions: 68 questions for Home Science/Agriculture/Biology
34 questions for Mathematics
Total Mark: For Home Science/Agriculture/Biology: 1 mark each
For Mathematics: 2 marks each
N.B.: 1/4 marks will be deducted for every wrong response.MET (Master’s Entrance Test)
Total Duration: 3 hours
No. of questions: 200 Multiple Choice Questions
No. of sections: 2
General Agriculture, this section is compulsory for all candidates except those seeking admission in Extension Education can attempt either General Agriculture or Home Science.
This section will have a choice and the candidates will be allowed to choose any one out of the following disciplines:
- Agricultural Economics
- Soil Science
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Horticulture (Floriculture & Landscaping, Fruit Science, Vegetable Science)
- Food Technology
- Extension Education
- Agronomy/Agricultural Meteorology
PAU Entrance Exam Application Form
The applicants can fill up the application form for PAU Entrance Exam in both online and offline mode. The application form has to be filled up with appropriate personal and educational details and can either be submitted online or at PAU campus by post. The payment of application fees can also be made online using Netbanking/Credit Card/Debit Card or through bank challan.
Punjab Agricultural University