- Panjab University Lateral Engineering Entrance Test
PU LEET: Panjab University Lateral Engineering Entrance Test
Panjab University conducts the Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (PULEET ) for admission to second year of B.E Courses at Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology (CCET), Sector 26, Chandigarh and UIET, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre, Bajwara, (SSGPURC) Hoshiarpur.
PULEET Number of Seats
Seats available at University Institute of Engineering & Technology, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur
- Total Vacant Seats under LEET: 44 Seats
- General: ECE 11, CSE 10, Mech. 07, IT 13
- Scheduled Castes - ECE Nil, CSE 01, Mech. 02, IT Nil
PU LEET Important Dates
- Availability of PULEET Prospectus & Online Application Form: May
- Last Date for Submission of personal and educational details on the Website to Generate the Bank Challan: Mid June
- Last Date for Depositing application Fees in any branch of SBI using Website Generated Challan: Upto Mid June
- Last Date for uploading of scanned copy of the Photograph, signature with other related information on the website: Upto Third Week of June
- Issue of Online Admit Cards: Last Week of June
- Date of holding Entrance Test: First Week of July
- Declaration of Result: Second Week of July
- Date of availability of Admission Form for CCET, Chandigarh and UIET, PUSSGRC, Hoshiarpur: Second/Third week of July
PU LEET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have successfully completed their diploma in Engineering (3-year duration) after class 10 Board Exam with Physics and Mathematics as their compulsory subjects, from a recognised polytechnic college/institute affiliated with the state board of Technical education/University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE
Candidate should have successfully completed their diploma in Engineering (2 year duration) after Class 12 Board Exam, from a recognised Polytechnic college/institute affiliated with state board of technical education/university, or recognized by UGC/AICTE
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE.
- Candidate must have qualified their Diploma in Engineering course not earlier than 2 years from the year of PU LEET.
- The admission to 2nd year of B.E Courses would be made completely on the basis of marks obtained in PULEET conducted by the PU, Chandigarh.
- Candidates who have reappeared or got compartmental in diploma in engineering are not eligible to apply for PULEET even though he/she clears the reappear or compartment by the time of counselling.
PULEET Exam Pattern
No. of question: 75 multiple-choice questions
Exam Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
N.B.: There will be negative marking system for every incorrect answers and hence marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The merit list of PULEET will be published on the basis of attainment of minimum 20% marks (15% in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes/ Backward Class) of maximum marks in the Entrance Test.
PU LEET Application Process
The application form for PULEET will be available at http://puleet.puchd.ac.in
for candidates to apply for admission for the various courses offered by Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology (CCET), Sector 26, Chandigarh and UIET, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre, Bajwara, (SSGPURC) Hoshiarpur.
Given below are the steps that the applicant needs to follow while applying for PULEET
- Register Online by using a valid email id and mobile number
- Note down your Login Id and Password
- Deposit the application fee using the website generated bank slip at any SBI branch.
- Upload the scanned photograph, signature, and fill other important information by Login and Save and Confirm.
N.B.: If it has been more than 24 hrs. and the journal number is not confirmed, write to mail to email@example.com with a scanned copy of the bankslip.
PU LEET Contact Details
University Institute of Engineering and Technology