- Pgimer Chandigarh Phd Entrance Test
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh conducts PhD Entrance Test for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs offered through various departments of the institute.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test Eligibility Criteria
Non Medical/Social Behavioural Sciences:
- Candidates should have a MBBS degree from a MCI recognised institute with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination.
- Candidates who have failed, got Compartmental or have Re-appeared in the MBBS exam are not eligible to appear for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test.
- Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS degree from Medical Colleges, which are not recognized by the MCI, are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA or other equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC/Panjab University are eligible to appear for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test.
- Degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc)
- Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc)
- M.Sc (Laboratory Technology)
M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics)Social Behavioural Sciences:
The candidates with the following subjects are also eligible for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test -
- Social Behavioural Sciences
- Social Work
- Nursing, Nutrition
- Child Development
- MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education
- Health Management
- Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food and Nutrition
- Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics
- Public Health/Community Health and MPH
Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification are also eligible for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test Selection Process
Candidates seeking admission to PhD program in PGIMER will have to appear in the entrance exam consisting of 100 marks as per details given below:
i) Aptitude test - Covering general Science, English, Biostatistics and Research Methodology: 30 marks
ii) Specialty theory test (multiple choice questions for the respective theory): 50 marks
(a) Medical MBBS level or;
(b) Non Medical Sciences or;
(c) Social and Behavioral Sciences
There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper:
iii) Evaluation by the department concerned 20 marks.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Fellowship
Rs. 25000/- P.M. (fixed) and additional thesis grant of Rs. 5000/- (one time) is admissible.
Candidate will not be entitled to DA/CCA. PGI fellowships for each session are limited to 6-7 only. The candidates will be eligible for the award of PGI fellowship on the merit position obtained by them in the final selection of PhD program. The admission to the Ph.D. Program will be subject to the availability of PGI fellowship/ research funds/Grants from recognized funding agencies
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test Application Process
The candidate should fill his/her application form available on the PGI website https://pgimer.edu.in
The candidate is required to fill the Application Form/Challan Form online.
PGIMER Chandigarh Contact Details
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh
Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012